Wednesday, August 25, 2010

tie dye makes me happy

it's true, i love it. i remember making tie dye shirts with my aunt Patsy when i was a kid. she was always doing something creative and crafty. she was my favourite. she was one of those 70's tie dye, peace sign wearing, pot smoking, harley riding, hippies! as a matter of fact, i have her old 70's leather harley davidson motorcyle jacket.

i hadn't been around tie dye since my early years...maybe an encounter or two in my teens. Last fall my love for it was revived! my gf at the time had a whole collection of tie dye shirts (although not a hippie, or a pot smoker, but she did love peace signs and harley's...). We cooked and spent thanksgiving together, wearing tie dye shirts! In fact, we wore them all week. we never wore them out in public per say, just around the house. tie dye was our at home pleasure, and sometimes shared with family, on a hike...or the beach. During that relationship i acquired a couple of shirts.

my love has since continued to grow, so yesterday i decided to make a few of my own! tie dye makes me happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment